1897 – 2002
She has been called the godmother of the environmental movement in the Miami Valley. Along with her husband John, Mrs. Aull nurtured their woodland bordering the Stillwater River into a beautiful, peaceful landscape of flowers. This land they named Aullwood became Aullwood Audubon Center and Farm, and was later given to the public. It was one of the first nature centers in the Midwest and has served as a model for other preserves across the country.